Right, I am bowing to Arron's constant and relentless harassment and updating now, despite the fact it is nap time. I made the rather foolish decision earlier to spend a king's ransom on a huge pile of not very nice nachos in a diner off Times Square because the waiters dress all '50s and sing show tunes and rock classics and jump all around on the furniture. Lesson learned, I feel ill. ANYWAY, It has been about a week since my last blog post, loads has happened and I probably won't remember all of it as we have mainly been drunk and the bits that I shall remember probably won't be in the right order. I'm also not in the least bit sorry for this. Arron, your name is in the Bully Log.
Saturday: No idea, probably nothing as we were pretty hungover from Friday. This is subject to change if I remember. I wasted £15 on a pretentious diary and am not even using it.
Sunday: Pizza at Vinnies on Bedford Avenue (Williamsburg is more or less the equivalent of Shoreditch without the stag nights/Hackney Wick in 2 years from now when there will be more wanky cafes and vintage clothes shops. Bedford Ave is its lynchpin; you literally can't move for cunts with beards and skinny jeans in coffee bars on macbooks and scruffy girls with long dark hair and fringes and oversized glasses scowling in eyeliner and men's shoes) which was top delicious then we went and looked at the apartment I am now in and had a wander around Williamsburg. In the evening Stewart and Alex and I went to a bunch of bars in the the Lower East Side. New York may well be the city that never sleeps but it seems they are mostly at home on Sunday night, it was pretty quiet and we had not learned the rule of asking for 'well' spirits instead of Bacardi or Jack Daniels etc so it was more expensive than it could've been given that'll drink any old shit and am in no way fussy. It's like getting Totov vodka instead of Smirnoff. We were more or less on a pub crawl across Avenues A and B trying to find somewhere that wasn't a) dead as a dodo or b) showing the fucking winter olympics, not even figure skating either-CURLING! Can you imagine! We ended up back in some awful bars in Williamsburg and I had a huge row in the street on the way home with some cretin who was taking the piss out of my accent (to his credit he knew it was north London) then it somehow escalated into the political situation in Cyprus (Chimp, RS would've been well proud of me and ZS would have something terrible about the Greeks) he claimed he was Greek Cypriot but I didn't believe him, stupid Americans with their one grandparent bollocks. It ended with him repeatedly screaming at me to go fuck myself. No way to speak to a lady if you ask me.
Monday: Can't remember-all of the above may have actually happened on Monday. I'll get back to you.
Tuesday: We had some drinks in the apartment then went to a bar in the Lower East Side that Stewart had wanted to go to on Sunday called Angels and Kings but it was shut. Yes Cara, that is who you think it is in the top right corner. It's owned by this loser who alas wasn't there (nor was Ashlee or Papa Joe more's the pity) but Stewart's friend Erica from RISD was DJing and he had been before and had a really good time so went down, my friend Chris came too, it was super sweet to see him. They had loads of free drinks deals, which happens quite a lot here. Pretty dangerous if you ask me, especially when it's free vodka then free wine then free tequilas. Messy. We went to some other bars after that, some of them we'd been to on Sunday but they were a lot busier. Stewart had got talking to some girl who worked for Sony records and was busy trying to get a record deal and I was pretending to be Jewish to some girl that looked just like Princess Beatrice and have invited her over for Pesach. I'd better learn to cook matzo. Anyway, I somehow ended up getting in yet another drunk row with a stranger because he said something about Lady Gaga looking like an ugly Jew. Apparently if you are Korean you can't be racist. Ha! It made me think of Saskia from BB 2005.
I'll update the rest later. I need a lie down. I'm still full of nachos.
Arron I hope you are happy.
Kisses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment