Search This Blog

Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Absence makes the heart go wander

I'm not doing a very good job updating this. The main reason is that my nails are getting far too long and I am having terrible difficulty typing, that and all the whiskey.

New York is still super fun. The weekend was marred by treacherously bad weather but luckily Alex and I were so hungover on Saturday we were just holding each other and weeping all day and had no need to leave the house. It was super sunny today and according to the 10 day forecast will continue to be so Stewart and I had our second day out to Coney Island Baby today. It gets better every time. We are trying to cram in all the fun we can before the season starts at the end of March. Obviously it will be a different kind of wonderful when the cotton candy stands and hot dog stalls and rides are all open but it has a certain beauty all shut down and derelict. I didn't have a paddle this time but I did last week and it was probably colder than anything I've been thigh-deep in before, my legs were so numb I thought I was going to fall over.

We are going to Bronx Zoo tomorrow, also for the second time. We went last week for Stewart's birthday and Wednesday is 'Donation Day' i.e. Free/$1 Day so we'll be up with the lark to cram in a full day of drawing as we didn't get there til about half past two last time and it shuts early out of season and it's really massive so we didn't see an awful lot and as the animals are all too busy pacing and pulling out their own fur to sit bloody still for five minutes drawing them takes forever. I am hoping there will be owls; beautiful and wise and they barely move. I have my misgivings about zoos obviously but I think it's very important that people can engage with animals they would never normally see or they are less interested in saving them. Or perhaps that is just what I am telling myself. Either way I'm going and I'm going all day.

I will add in some posts about Stewart's birthday and the last few days/weeks with photos when I locate the cable for my card reader. In summary; keep a closer eye on passports as they are a bugger to lose, if it's 5am NOBODY will stop you smoking on the subway, water is definitely thicker than blood and drag queens love it when you know all the words to Dolly Parton album tracks.

Grosses bises

No comments:

Post a Comment