Search This Blog

Friday, 19 February 2010

Hey, we're in New York! I got a gun. Let's hit Broadway

It occurred to me for a moment that I should probably wait until I actually have something interesting to post before updating. Then I remembered that never happens before I speak so why would it happen before I type? So here we are. Finally. After all these ages and ages of planning, bragging and whining it has really happened. Despite all the fretting about being strip searched and interrogated by Homeland Security or tipped onto Ellis Island to be deloused and turned back to Galway we sashayed through without a problem. I had bought a lovely cobalt blue underwear set just in case I needed to disrobe in a small room in front of a man with a big gun. What a waste of £7.99. I also neglected to bring any contraband or exceed my cigarette allowance. Turns out fortune does indeed favour the bold.

New York is freezing but has apparently been much colder so we should be grateful. There are piles of snow everywhere and hazardous slushy puddles that I learned about the hard way last night. We had delicious Thai food in Williamsburg although their fryers were broken so it was much healthier than we would have liked.

I am hitting the statue of Liberty later with Stewart and Alex today. Photos to be added later.

Welcome to Edgar who is my first 'follower'.

Kisses

1 comment:

  1. did you go to Tai Thai?? try it it is on Bedford and 5th...and you can eat Lunch for $5 and it is soooooooo good

    ReplyDelete