Morrissey is clearly not a racist. Yes, he chose His words poorly (or indeed very carefully) and should have specified that the people who do this to animals are indeed subhuman but that the entire nation is not. China have an appalling record for animal cruelty and there are no current laws in place to protect animals, they are indisputably among the world's worst perpetrators and should be brought to account. Sir Paul McCartney agrees with him, although of course he can't be a racist; he's a National Treasure and has been to India and everything.
Sadly acts of brutality towards animals in many countries, ours included (also, see below post) are steeped in tradition and therefore considered sacrosanct, no matter how cruel or barbaric they may be. Apparently preserving a 'way of life' is more important than mass suffering. Morrissey tirelessly condemns these practices and for that he should be applauded.
Oh and if one more idiot in the press cites National Front Disco as an example of His racist leanings I shall scream. LISTEN TO THE FUCKING WORDS.
Let's all just sign this and not call him anymore nasty names.
Kisses
Clare


The petition is all very well, however it concentrates on cats and dogs, the point is all animals in China are subject to the greatest cruelty, not just those ones we westerners are concerned about. The complaints to Asian nations about our purely western concerns fall on deaf ears when we subjectify like this, we must say all animal cruelty must stop and not play favourites.
ReplyDeleteHowever good post and of course Morrissey is the world's moral compass, anything he says can be twisted but we know the truth.
It was the only one I could find at 1am! I was a bit drunk and quite tired, I shall find a better one in due course. Cats and dogs are among my LEAST favourite animals so I would by no means prioritise them above any others. All animals are equal, NONE are more equal than others. x
ReplyDeleteI'm confused, would it really matter if Morrissey was a bit racist, aren't most people, even if its just a little?
ReplyDeleteWell I'm not and I don't think you are either.
ReplyDeleteIf he were it would certainly matter to me. I am by no means ignoring deplorable behaviour because the perpetrator is somebody I admire; I shall leave that to the Catholics. I DON'T THINK MORRISSEY IS A RACIST. It is for this reason that I am happy to stand behind him in no doubt of his sincere intentions. As Edgar so rightfully says, Morrissey is the world's moral compass.
x
I think I agree with Paul, though.
ReplyDeleteIt's not a deal breaker with me, acting upon it would be, but thoughts not so much